Skip to main content

Week 5 - Muse

"Muse"
- verb
1. to think or mediate in silence, as on some subject.
2. to gaze meditatively or wonderlingly.

-noun
1. the goddess or the power regarded as inspiring a poet, artist, thinker, or the like.
2. classical mythology, any goddess presiding over a particular art.

These themes keep getting better and better....and I'm always filled with endless ideas....perhaps MCP has become my muse!!!



"Light & Color as my Muse" 


Ever walk in an area and see a ray of light shinning down on something...anything? Light is no doubt a Muse that points you to look in its direction to see what amazing beauty is hiding just beyond. Take this small part of a rocky pile covered in vines and moss....All of a sudden there she (Light) was, basking on the rocks and amazing textures and colors came popping up, calling me to come close and take a picture.

Taken on January 29, 2011 at Villa Escudero, San Pablo, Laguna
Camera- GT-I8000 Samsung cellphone
F-stop - f/2.8
Exposure - 1/32 sec
ISO 50
no flash mode, aperture priority

"Travel as my Muse" 



These two photos were taken on our latest weekend explore...where my husband and I jump in the car on a not so early Saturday or Sunday morning (especially after a long and stressful week) and we drive and drive until we reach a new location...either planned or spontaneous...then we get down, look around, enjoy the sites, enjoy each other and take pictures. 

These trips definitely serves inspiration to both of us...it clears all the heaviness left behind by the past week. It opens our eyes to beauty and lifts our spirit...ultimately leaving our minds open to new creative energies....

And, what better place to use the "verb", muse...to gaze meditatively....


"My love as a Muse"


Of course, it sounds like such a typical thing to say but, when you love, it's all the inspiration that you need in life. It is the reason for waking up, for smiling, for creating... both the love that your receive and the love that you give freely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mechanics of Wardrobe Selection for the Open shoot

Today will be the start of the wardrobe selection.... How will this work.... You will get to choose your skirt according to slot number....so if you reserved first (slot#1) you will get to choose your selection first.... here is a sample.... there are 10 skirts - skirt1, skirt2, skirt3....and so forth... first person to reserve is slot#1.... she submits her top 3 selections - skirt1, skirt3 and skirt5 slot#1 is assigned skirt1 (which is her first choice) slot#2 submits her choices - skirt1, skirt 2 and skirt4 slot#2's first choice is already taken, so slot# is assigned skirt2.... and so forth until everyone is assigned a skirt.... its better to rank atleast 5 so you can be assigned right away.... At the event however, once one is done with a skirt, you may still opt to use it as a second outfit..... I hope this is clear for everyone...I can't wait!! I'm off to finish cutting some of the skirts so i can post more later....

Teasers Modeling Workshop Openshoot

Last Saturday I attended an openshoot.. BASIC MODELLING (FIRST SESSION) ORGANIZED BY KATHERINE CAMILLE TOVERA OF PH EVENTS GROUP APRIL 18, 2016 QC PARKS & WILDLIFE (TEAHOUSE) The morning was a modeling workshop for aspiring models followed by an openshoot in the afternoon. I was unable to attend the workshop for models in the morning but went to the openshoot around 130pm. The shoot had already started but some of the ladies were still being "made up" by the makeup artists... I was just observing because it is one of my wishes to one day also be a makeup artist too... another side of the spectrum :-) My goal for this shoot was to work on my "focus" Lately I had noticed that some of my photos were leaning on the soft side. Although it gives a feminine soft look, I was unhappy. I wanted a super clear super sharp photo. So i discussed it with my husband and we came to the conclusion that my hands must be unsteady and the effect was camer

PATRICIA | OUTDOOR BEAUTY PORTRAIT SESSION

"A warm smile is the universal language of kindness " - William Arthur Ward Most of the times, we want models to have a far away serious pose..it gives the photograph mystery and drama. This model certainly has that down...she is awesome at projecting.... Yet, what I love about shooting her is her smile... it also has that mystery like you just want to know what mischievous plan is she brewing up now... very lovely... Here is Patricia from the Basic modelling workshop on June18, 2016 PATRICIA https://www.facebook.com/369708589743959/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1057573924290752 For Classic Beauty Portrait Sessions, you may send me a message on my facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/EarthlyVisionz/ Smile and Stay Beautiful...Happy Shooting...