Skip to main content

Planning Stage for our Conceptual High Fashion Shoot

So last weekend we had a collab with a group of photographers and we used some of my gowns from my wardrobe collection for the shoot. I also adorned some of the models with the fused glass jewelry that I created previously. I had so much fun that I decided my 3rd FASHION FLIRTY OPEN SHOOT EVENT will be one indoors.

This kicked off my planning stage. I wanted this shoot to be a fully thought out, conceptual shoot with full on accessories, jewelry and wardrobe.... I met with one of my makeup artists to talk about a few ideas and today i have created a fb group that would serve as the "meeting ground" for the concept shoot team that is on private...and ill only add those participating in the event.

The concept i have decided on is THE ELEMENTS OF ALCHEMY.... each model with represent an element as envisioned by the designers.... EARTH...FIRE...WIND/AIR....WATER.... AETHER.... and a sixth element METAL....


here are some of the details for the planning stage...

1... PRIVATE GROUP CREATED...for throwing around ideas..

This is the description...
This group was created to throw around ideas of how we can embody our concept into a photographable persona. I would like this shoot to be a collaboration of ideas between the photographers, makeup artists, models and designers to come up with a truly high fashion, unique portfolio of images.

Our concept shoot is about the ELEMENTS OF ALCHEMY or the greek classical elements -
Fire Alchemy
Air Alchemy
Water Alchemy
Earth Alchemy

AND, according to Aristotle a fifth element, AETHER or also called QUINTESSENCE....
i am also adding another element...or one of the three primes (or TRIA PRIMA) according to Paracselsus, of which material substances are immediately composed....

The three are..
Sulfur (soul)
Mercury (spirit)
Salt (base matter or body)

Our shoot will include Mercury...or "METAL"
and possibly, if there will be time for a 7th model, "SALT".

2. MODELS

There will be 6 models....one for each of the elements....  each with a specific color theme...

FIRE - RED
AIR - WHITE
WATER - BLUE
EARTH - BROWNS+SHADE OF GREEN
AETHER - VIOLET/BLACK
METAL - SILVER/GOLD

Models will have a registration fee and only a limited number will be able to join since each one will have a unique gown to wear with full accessories and props. We will assign the element to each model taking in consideration what would go best with them.

3. PHOTOGRAPHERS
I will be one of the photographers, plus my husband will take a few shots too. He will mainly be on as a videographer, taking short clips for modeling short videos and bts shots.
Additional 3 photographers will be accepted with a registration fee.... Only a minimun number of photographers for now since we want this to be an exclusive shoot for your portfolios. 

4. DESIGNERS
I am currently in search of designers for the jewelry and wardrobe to join the shoot. I would like to collaborate with them ...initially giving them an idea of what i have envisioned and then letting them create a design with in the discussed concept.

I will also be designing some jewelry..maybe fused glass as well as some beaded stone jewelry... Then there is the wardrobe, which will be long gowns for sure...

So far that's our planning stage as of today...I am about to create the Event flyer so I can start posting and finding the models that will want to join this shoot.... I am super excited...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mechanics of Wardrobe Selection for the Open shoot

Today will be the start of the wardrobe selection.... How will this work.... You will get to choose your skirt according to slot number....so if you reserved first (slot#1) you will get to choose your selection first.... here is a sample.... there are 10 skirts - skirt1, skirt2, skirt3....and so forth... first person to reserve is slot#1.... she submits her top 3 selections - skirt1, skirt3 and skirt5 slot#1 is assigned skirt1 (which is her first choice) slot#2 submits her choices - skirt1, skirt 2 and skirt4 slot#2's first choice is already taken, so slot# is assigned skirt2.... and so forth until everyone is assigned a skirt.... its better to rank atleast 5 so you can be assigned right away.... At the event however, once one is done with a skirt, you may still opt to use it as a second outfit..... I hope this is clear for everyone...I can't wait!! I'm off to finish cutting some of the skirts so i can post more later....

Teasers Modeling Workshop Openshoot

Last Saturday I attended an openshoot.. BASIC MODELLING (FIRST SESSION) ORGANIZED BY KATHERINE CAMILLE TOVERA OF PH EVENTS GROUP APRIL 18, 2016 QC PARKS & WILDLIFE (TEAHOUSE) The morning was a modeling workshop for aspiring models followed by an openshoot in the afternoon. I was unable to attend the workshop for models in the morning but went to the openshoot around 130pm. The shoot had already started but some of the ladies were still being "made up" by the makeup artists... I was just observing because it is one of my wishes to one day also be a makeup artist too... another side of the spectrum :-) My goal for this shoot was to work on my "focus" Lately I had noticed that some of my photos were leaning on the soft side. Although it gives a feminine soft look, I was unhappy. I wanted a super clear super sharp photo. So i discussed it with my husband and we came to the conclusion that my hands must be unsteady and the effect was camer

ROGELYN | OUTDOOR CLASSIC BEAUTY PORTRAIT SESSION

"Beauty might bring Happiness...But Happiness ALWAYS brings Beauty!" What a fortunate thing it was that I was able to take photos of miss Rogelyn...She is just gorgeous. Actually, she was in a different event and i thought she was one of the models from our event. Nevertheless, I was lucky because just take a look at these beautiful shots....and THAT smile is absolutely irresistable.... Here is Ms. Rogelyn.. Her album is here: ROGELYN   https://www.facebook.com/369708589743959/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1056999354348209 For Classic Beauty Portrait Sessions, you may send me a message on my facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/EarthlyVisionz/ Smile and Stay Beautiful...Happy Shooting...